Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Healthy and Delicious? Impossible!


I know, right?!
There's this whole thing where the food here is amazing. Everything just seems to taste richer and more delicious. The colors are more vibrant and it's all cheap, making it that much more dangerous. The last few days have been a culinary exploration that I hope to continue throughout the rest of this summer. The fresh fruits and veggies are unlike anything I have ever had. Everything is sweeter, juicier, more natural and more flavorful. I'm discovering that I like fruits and veggies I didn't like before!
The first morning after my fellow roommate/interns got here I got breakfast ready for them. I figured with there bodies out of whack with jet lag and the journey they might need some sustenance when they woke up. As I was preparing, I peeled an orange. It was a struggle. I then realized that was because I've never actually peeled an orange due to my lifelong distaste for them. As I was peeling, however, I had a thought. Maybe I should try a little taste just to make sure I don't like them. Well surprise, surprise. I definitely LOVED it! Have I seriously been wasting the last twenty years of my life avoiding them?! I am hoping it is just a combination of the amazing Jordanian fruit and my maturing taste buds. Needless to say, I had a field day trying a variety of fruits and veggies that I once thought I disliked but now enjoy. As of today, I have been converted to oranges, kiwis, bell peppers, apricots eggplant, and tomatoes. Well, shucks. I guess I have to keep trying new stuff just to make sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment