Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mad Dash

You know those nightmares where you show up to class and somehow you've completely missed the fact that you have a giant project due and have to present it to the class? And if it weren't bad enough that you completely blew it, you look down and sure enough clothes are missing. Well that paralyzing fear is occurring to me right now....well not literally, gross.
In six days I will be leaving the country. Six days. I can't even wrap my brain around that one. I've barely had enough energy to get through my semester, finals, packing, and moving out to become excited about the amazing adventure that lay before me. In less than a week I will be headed to Jordan, Turkey, and Greece. And guess what? I literally have no idea what I'm doing.
As of May 14th I will be an intern for the Ministry of Social Development, a sect of the Jordanian government. But prior to this, I am a bum. I have three weeks of time, a passport, and dreams of Mediterranean beaches and kebabs. Let's cross our fingers that, by some stroke of luck, I will be able to find my way, have an amazing time, and avoid any kidnappings (my dad is great, but I doubt he has the abilities of Liam Neeson in Taken). Alright, with the anxiety and distress out there on the table now I can return to studying for my last exam. Finals. Are. The. Worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment